- 04-Apr-2017 to 01-Jun-2017 (CST)
- Excelsior Springs, MO, USA
- Full Time
The Production Planner will develop and execute the production planning and schedules for the replenishment of new and existing products in support of inventory objectives and customer service expectations. Areas of focus include, but are not limited to supply and production planning, customer service, master schedule planning, inventory turns, and excess/obsolete management. Anticipates shortages and coordinates with production and vendors on issues affecting delivery and service; including capacity and seasonality plans.
- Develop production plan, production schedule, work orders. Review parts and RM supply, production capacity constraints, etc. Release and manage POs and Manufacturing work orders. Post production data in the ERP and manage supply to demand. Track and monitor production, productivity and efficiencies.
- Review and analyze MRP requirements for product. Monitor demand and manage production orders based on customer demands/forecasts. Accountable for SKU level supply plan for domestic distribution.
- Communicate priorities to manufacturing, participate in S&OP activities, coordinate with vendors and production on customer satisfaction actions.
- Track in transit inventory (RM & FG) and provide priorities to the WH.
- Accountable for planning system integrity. Item planning set up, life-cycle process changes, bill of materials/work order, rework orders, and forecast transition dates. Guardian of making sure the system is set up on their items to ensure correct planning.
- Create and Maintain Monthly Production Forecast and 12 month rolling forecast using system driven data This is specific to the Excelsior Springs plant.
- Coordinates major seasonal activities from a planning perspective.
- Key contact for Customer Service on inventory availability Manages daily production meeting and is liaison with production supervisors, plant management, etc.
- Monitors and maintains all system data for planning and inventory management purposes working very closely with Supply/Demand Analysts to meet inventory and turns targets. This activity will also include analysis on inventory changes and supply issues.
- Develops and maintains KPI's using system data. Updates production reports daily, weekly, monthly.
- Serves as backup to buyer and potential backup to warehouse supervisor. Monitors RM supply and demand and interacts with buyer, sourcing and production departments on a regular basis.
- Bachelor's Degree in an analytical field, Operations Mgmt, Supply Chain Management, or Related Field; APICS certification; Six Sigma Certification desirable.
- 2-5 years experience in key aspects of forecasting, demand planning, inventory control, and/or statistical analysis; Experience with forecasting and inventory planning for manufactured product in consumer products industry; Lean Manufacturing Experience desirable.
- Demonstrated Problem Solving and Analytical Skills
- Knowledge of Inventory Management and Production scheduling principles. Exceptional computer literacy including proficiency with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software(JDE, SAP, Oracle, etc), Microsoft Office suite of applications, Business Intelligence reporting tools(Cognos).
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
Sign Up For Job Alerts!