- 14-Mar-2017 to 13-May-2017 (CST)
- Excelsior Springs, MO, USA
- Full Time
The Production Supervisor (3rd shift) leads the department and personnel into efficiently producing quality products within specific schedules in a safe and cost effective manner. Oversees day-to-day manufacturing operations to ensure that all requirements for safety, quality, delivery and cost controls are met. Constantly mentors and improves personnel in an engaged and fair manner.
This facility is a manufacturing facility producing garden hoses.
- Oversees day-to-day manufacturing operations to ensure that all requirements for safety, quality, delivery, inventory and cost controls are met.
- Supervises approximately 50 union personnel
- Coordinates production plans and implement production schedules, ensure the efficient utilization of plant facilities and manpower, and to meet immediate and future customer requirements.
- Applies performance management, coaching, constructive feedback and progressive discipline tools/systems to promote strong individual and team performance and actively support employee development
- Promotes and maintains a safe working environment to minimize employees' exposure to potential hazards.
- Leads and motivates plant personnel to assure attainment of established objectives
- Ensures all production personnel are trained and qualified for their assigned tasks. Develops and monitors employee cross-training and development plans
- Maintains daily open 2-way communication with direct reports, peers and leadership, etc.
- Makes decisions on immediate production schedule, production quality, deviations, and short term personnel needs
- Participates in Gembas, Kaizens, Daily performance improvement activities, Safety initiatives, etc.
- Fosters an environment of continuous improvement and engages Union personnel in improvement
- Engages in a Lean organization model with focus on 5S activities, behavior based observations and improvements, Safety participations, etc.
- Identifies and controls scrap with a goal to improve First pass yield.
- Creates and analyzes production, safety and quality data. Creates reports that drive operations to improvement and correction.
- Supports all Company policies and procedures
- Is an integral part of the safety team, and is the point of contact for incident investigations, reports, etc in HSE related activities.
- Leads and participates in various project teams, improvement and correction activities.
- Participates in HSE inspections, self-assessments and audits leading to improvement activities
- Supports a culture of CI using engagement and coaching activities.
- He/she should be strong analytically and have diplomatic problem solving skills.
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree or 7-10 years of equivalent experience; Manufacturing related classwork such as Leading in an Union environment, Six Sigma, etc
- 7-10 years of equivalent experience; 2+ years of direct supervisory experience (staff or 10 or more); 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing organization
- Desirable - Demonstrated quantified improvement of KPIs for which they were responsible; Experience in an Union environment or labor intensive operation or plastics processing
Improvement based on strategic and tactical KPI development.
Lean experience, Kaizan and 5S usage, etc
Strong computer and organizational skills
- Experience in training employees and encouraging self-sustained cells
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
Sign Up For Job Alerts!