- 14-Mar-2017 to 13-May-2017 (CST)
- Southaven, MS, USA
- Full Time
Opportunity in Distribution
Fiskars, a global manufacturer of branded consumer products, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced, energetic, and detail-oriented individual to fill the role of Supervisor/Group Lead at the FISKARS Distribution Center in Southaven, Mississippi. The primary responsibilities of this role will be to direct the daily activities of the small parcel/warranty department ensuring departmental goals are met.
We have the brands, resources, and creative environment to intensify your career success. We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package including highly competitive salary, excellent benefits, 401K, and a friendly team environment.
Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensures outgoing shipments are completed timely and accurately meeting departmental service metrics.
- Proactively evaluates workload/departmental priorities and makes adjustments to ensure proper staffing and departmental quality standards are met.
- Anticipates operations and personnel problems and resolves problems to minimize effect on operations.
- Ensure inventory accuracy through the use of audits and creating a sense of self accountability within the department.
- Proactively manages any departmental operational issues by providing a high level of service to external and internal customers.
- Recommends processes to streamline the departmental processes.
- Maintains good housekeeping and enforces safety and other policies in the department.
- Evaluates staff for training needs and ensures training processes are completed.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- High School Diploma; or equivalent. Associates degree preferred.
- 3-5 years previous distribution experience in a Supervisor role or equivalent.
- Small Parcel shipping experience in a high volume dot.com environment desired.
- Multi- shift leadership experience strongly desired.
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability for meeting goals.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
Sign Up For Job Alerts!