- 09-Mar-2017 to 08-May-2017 (CST)
- Excelsior Springs, MO, USA
- Full Time
The Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining Health, Safety and Environmental programs to assure compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements (Local, State and Federal). The HSE leader ensures the protection of our employees, assets and community at large. The HSE leader is responsible for the integration of a healthy, self-sustaining HSE culture with proactive engagement at all levels. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager in Excelsior Springs with a dotted line to the Middleton office HR team. The person in this role will be accountable for solutions in several levels of HSE, including related to Work Comp and Liability issues. This role will also support the HSE activities in Independence, MO and Southaven, MS.
The facility in Excelsior Springs, MO is a manufacturing facility where garden hoses are being produced.
- Develop and enhance a sustainable HSE culture, awareness and accountability HSE Management System.
- Deploy HSE Management Systems to ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Lead deployment of risk assessment processes (at the cell and department level), hazard analysis through engaging with employees, and developing control plans.
- Lead and participate in various project teams, improvement, and correction activities.
- Measure, monitor, calculate, analyze and report environmental activities and regulatory requirements as well as maintaining operating permits such as Title V, air permits, water, waste water, sanitary, chemical management, hearing conservation, etc., prepare permit renewals and modifications within time frames and required scopes.
- Develop and deploy HSE procedures, training, internal and external communications.
- Support and lead incident investigation activities, provide subject matter expertise, utilize root cause analysis with Rapid Problem solving methodologies, corrective action identifications and closure. Maintain reports and logs per regulatory requirements.
- Work as a liaison with HR and support workers compensation review process, engage with insurances, consultants, etc.
- Lead Management of Change activities for modifications or changes to product, process and equipment.
- Measure and communicate HSE performance monitor trends and use actions based on leading indicators to reduce incidences.
- Implement strategies and tactics for successful management of injury / illness cases and cost reductions.
- Participate in HSE inspections, self-assessments and audits leading to improvement activities.
- Engage and coach employees in ergonomic activities leading to a behavior based program.
- Lead the Health and Safety Committee, ensure support for representatives from each department.
- Provide classroom and OJT HSE training, maintain training records including contractor safety.
- Support a culture of CI using cultural engagement.
- B.S in Engineering or Health, Safety, environmental science, industrial hygiene, chemistry, or a related technical discipline; Desirable - Certification in Safety (CIH, CSP), Labor protection, HSE related degree.Six Sigma Certification, Waste or environmental specialist
5 + years in HSEMS at a senior or accountability level demonstrating understanding, knowledge and use of HSE laws, permit applications, regulatory reporting in a manufacturing environment, workers compensation reduction; Direct experience in managing and auditing HSEMS
- Strong computer and organizational skills; Experience in training employees and encouraging self-sustained HSE cells
- Desirable - Reduction in incidences (TCIR, regulatory, etc) demonstrated quantified improvement of KPIs. Auditor or plant certification in ISO 14001, OSHAS 18001, ISO 50001; Experience in an Union environment or labor intensive operation or plastics processing; Experience with VPP
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
Sign Up For Job Alerts!